There are some things you don’t get to choose in life:
- Place you’re born
But there are other things we do get to choose:
- How to live life
- What we put in our body
- What we watch and read
- The type of career or job we pursue
- Our emotions and/or reactions toward something or someone
- Most important one out of all of them: our friends
Friends are an integral part of life. Friends are the family some of us wished we had. They become our chosen family. Jim Rohn once said that “we are the average of the five people we spend the most time with”.
- Friends could sometimes stimulate our intellect
- Friends might shape our opinions and point of views
- Friends sometimes become mentors or someone we look up to
- Friends could influence our habits – for better or worse
We attract what we are.