Your mind is like a parachute – it won’t work unless you open it.
Here are some ways I try to approach my life with an open mind:
- Have conversations with people you don’t know – from different backgrounds, cultures, beliefs…
- Talk with older people – some of them are wise, knowledgeable, and willing to share their life experiences.
- Ask open-ended questions, a lot of them – dig deeper into something you’re interested in.
- Debate to understand different perspectives, not to win an argument.
- Talk to people around you even if you don’t fully agree with them.
- Look beyond yourself – the world doesn’t revolve around you.
- Listen and talk attentively and respectfully.
- Put yourself in other’s shoes.
- Listen more than you talk.
- Disagree and commit.
What did I miss?
What are some of the ways you approach life with an open mind?
One thought on “Open your mind”